Adult diapers are an important part of incontinence control and choosing the wrong kind of incontinence product can not only result in health issues but also become a reason for embarrassment. So choose the right incontinence product for easy and safe incontinence control.
With technology advancements adult diaper manufacturers have been able to achieve improved absorbency, leak protection, moisture wicking to ensure skin dryness, odor control and breathability and hence the convenience and comfort offered by disposable adult diapers is indispensible.
Tape Type or Open Adult Diaper
Tape Style Open adult diaper are designed to provide superior comfort. They have flexible closures that can be fastened as per the requirement so as to provide a precise fit and give added security. They have features like odor lock technology that locks in odors and urine in a separate layer. This is possible because of the SAP (super absorbent polymer)that is mixed with the fluff. These type of adult diapers with tapes provides maximum bladder and bowel protection for overnight or extended wear. Tape style open adult diapers have tabs that are re-fasten able with either tape or Velcro style tabs for easy opening or closing and can be adjusted to fit snugly around the legs.
They come in 2 types of Backing Material
These type of adult diapers have a plastic like outer cover that provides added protection from leakages ,and restricts flow of fluid keeping area dry . There is no damp or wet feeling due to the outer cover. These are generally suitable for mild to moderate incontinence. The core with odor protection wicks fluid away quickly to promote dryness.
These type of adult diapers have a cloth-like outer cover that is comfortable and gentle against the skin. There is no damp or wet feeling due to the outer cover. This type of adult diaper lets air to circulate and allows the skin to breath as it is cloth based unlike the plastic backed. These are generally high absorbent Adult Diapers and are ideal for people with heavy bladder leakage. The core with odor protection wicks fluid away quickly to promote dryness. Cloth backed adult diapers are also less noisy than plastic backed adult diapers. The cloth backed adult diaper also feels a lot like regular underwear.
Adult Diapers with Tapes
Peace of mind Guaranteed. Reclaim your days with adult diapers with tapes. Whether you need heavy-duty nighttime support for overnight use or lighter daytime protection, our diapers with tapes will keep you comfortable, dry, and leak-free. Those with long-term needs will love our reliable diapers, and those with shorter-term incontinence, like those who are post-surgery, will find exactly what they need for a healthy and happy recovery. Plus, our incontinence products are designed to keep moisture away from skin, promoting dryness and and prevent rashes and any discomfort.
Open diapers, a type of adult diapers, can be worn very easily by placing the front and back sides correctly, and closing the tabs. This type of adult diaper can be removed by simply pulling the tabs when it’s time to change. The flexible shape of these diapers makes wearing them easy and convenient.
These diapers are made with super absorbent material and can protect your clothing for hours at a time. They fit snugly after you close the tabs, which ensures a firm grip while you go on with your daily routine. These diapers, in most cases, come with a wetness indicator that tells you when it is time for a diaper change. This feature is very useful as it may not always be possible for people to check their diapers at regular intervals. Open diapers can be worn by both men and women.
Benefits of Tape Type Adult Diapers
There are many advantages of using open or tape style adult diapers.
- Freedom :Solves problem of incontinence in an effective manner and regains freedom
- Comfort : tapes allow a snug fit and firm grip
- Comfort: on the skin as they are made with breathable material
- Convenience :Can be removed easily and worn by user or caretaker
- Perfect Choice for bedridden patients
- Can help in severe cases of diarrhea
Import Points to Note
- Trust : Make sure you buy adult diapers from a trusted vendor or Brand.
- Size :Choose the right size by comparing hip size of user to size chart on package
- Hygiene : change your adult diaper after each bowel movement.Thsi will prevent rashes,infection and irritation
- Wash your hands before and after diaper change.
- Properly wrap the used diapers and dispose it of responsibly.
- Do not flush used or any adult diapers as they can damage the plumbing.
Tape Style Open Adult Diaprs are also Useful for:
- Patients with temporary mobility disabilities
- Senior citizens with mobility issues
- People suffering from dementia
- Diabetic people
- Permanently bedridden patients
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1.What is Adult Diaper?
A Diaper designed for use for adults is known as an adult diaper. Adult Diapers are available in different types that include tape type open diapers, adult pull up diapers and pant style diapers .
A diaper consists of many layers of fluff mixed with SAP (SUPER ABSORBANT POLYMER) a material that absorbs liquid and immediately coverts it into a gel. It is disposable and has to be thrown away once soiled. They come in a range of qualities and the better the quality the higher the absorbency and comfort level.
Adult Diapers are used by adults with conditions such as incontinence, mobility impairment and many other medical reasons.
2.Why do adults wear diapers?
Men and Women both can have medical conditions that cause incontinence.Medical issues or like mobility impairment, parkinsons, dementia, severe diarrhea or injuries caused by accidents can cause incontinence. These adult s would require adult diapers to help them get on with life in a free and normal manner. Adult diapers can be worn by both men and women. Individuals with urinary incontinence can benefit from wearing adult diapers to stay comfortable and regain lost freedom and confidence
3.How do adult diapers work?
A diaper consists of many layers of fluff mixed with SAP (SUPER ABSORBANT POLYMER) a material that absorbs liquid and immediately coverts it into a gel. So when the user passes urine the fluff absorbs the liquid into its core and the SAP mixed with the fluff converts the liquid to gel instantly.
4.How to find the Right Fit for Adult Diapers?
Adult Diapers in India come in 3 to 4 sizes. Most brands have 3 sizes Medium, Large and Extra Large. Some brands have a Small or an Extra Extra Large. Almost all adult diaper manufactures try to standardize their sizes as much as possible, but there could be minor differences. Brands have Size charts that are not standard, and every brand of adult diapers can have its own sizing. so the best thing to do would be is measure the hip size and choose the measurements basis the size chart mentioned on the pack .
Another method would be to try the Large Size or the middle size available for that brand and shift to medium if loose or shift to Extra Large if tight.
Choosing a brand of diaper also depends on the level of absorbency you are looking for – light, moderate or heavy.
5.How long can you use an adult diaper?
Adult diapers come in different levels of absorbency. Light ,Moderate and Heavy The amount of time a diaper cam be used will depend on that. Light being the least and Heavy being the most. Adult Diapers are made of super absorbent layers that can absorb and retain large capacities of urine. However it is advisable to change an adult diaper as soon as it gets soiled. This is to prevent skin irritation infection. To Maintain good hygiene levels, it is recommended that one should not wear a wet or soiled diaper for extended period of time.
6.Where to buy adult diapers?
You can buy the widest range of adult diapers from top brands online for both men and women. Healthdexter offers a wide selection of adult diapers - pull up diapers, pant style diapers , open diapers, tape type adult diapers and many more. These adult diapers are available in 3 different sizes that provide a superior fit and high comfort levels.
7.How to wear an adult diaper with tabs?
- Fold the diaper lengthwise and now hold the diaper in such a manner that the side with no tapes is placed at the front and the taped side is at the back.
- Ensure that the wearer is lying sideways if they can’t wear it on their own and help them pass the diaper between their thighs from front to back,
- If the user wants to wear it with no help, they should pass the diaper between their thighs from front to back by standing.
- Stick the tape on the lower side at an angle upwards and the tape on the upper side downwards on the front of the diaper for a better grip.
- Now adjust the diaper in order to make it comfortable and avoid leakages.
8.Which are the best diapers for heavy wetters or for overnight protection?
Choosing a diaper also depends on the level of absorbency you are looking for – light, moderate, heavy. Heavy wetters and users requiring overnight protection need to use an adult diaper with high soaking capacity ie heavy.
9.How to change adult diaper? caregiver ?
- Before taking off the diaper, ensure to wash your hands. One can also wear gloves to protect your hands against bodily fluids.
- Keep a new diaper in the correct size ready.
- Open the sides of the diaper and slowly roll over the person towards you.
- Fold the side on the opposite side (backside) of the person
- Again, slowly roll the person away from you. Then, place a towel under the person’s backside to protect the sheets.
- Ensure to wipe clean before removing the diaper
- Pull out the diaper from the front to the back. Pull it through the person’s legs towards their backside, and then fold it up to hide the mess.
10.How to measure adult diaper size?
Improper fitting adult diapers will not be effective in controlling leaks and will be uncomfortable . Adult Diapers are available in a range of sizes that can be purchased as per one’s requirement. Available in sizes- small, medium, large and extra-large.
- With the help of a measuring tape, measure the hip and waist size of the user
- Match the user’s size to the one’s mentioned on the pack to choose the best fit
11.Will the diaper leak? Or why do diapers leak?
Adult diapers leak mainly due to 2 main reasons
- Use of wrong size
- Using the adult diaper for too long
- An adult diaper that is too small or too big will not provide good protection
So to prevent this best that can be done is make sure you choose the right size or a product that fits well
Special note should be made to ensure a snug fit around the thighs
- The other reason is every diaper has a certain capacity, in India adult diapers have capacity ranging from 500ml-700ml in the low quality and up to 2000ml in the high quality. A wide range of these can be found on healthdexter.com
The general thumb rule is assuming around 1000 ml max capacity.
That’s around emptying the bladder twice so to ensure adequate protection one should change diapers when soiled especially in case of fecal excretion, not only to prevent leaks but also to prevent rashes and skin irritation.
12.How to dispose of adult diapers?
After you remove the adult diaper, make sure to fold it n such a way that the waste from the diaper does not fall out. After that, cover it properly with a paper or use a diaper disposal bag and throw it in the dustbin. Do not flush the used diaper as it may damage the plumbing.
13.How often should you change adult diapers?
An adult diaper must be changed depending on the lifestyle or health of the individual. It must be immediately changed if it’s soiled and if left unchanged, it can cause skin irritation or infections.
14.Are adult diapers with tapes the best choice for me?
Adult diapers with tabs are an ideal incontinence solution for anyone caring for someone else. With convenient refasten able straps, it’s simple to clean up and change another person, and with waist sizes from 28 to 65 inches, they fit almost all body types.
Adult diapers with tabs (also known as open adult diapers) are traditional-style diapers. They are easiest to put on lying down, but with some getting used to, they can also be put on standing up. They allow the user to have a much tighter fit with the use of tape tabs that secure the backside to the front. Tape-style adult diapers come in various different brands, sizes, styles, absorbency, and options (including plastic backing or cloth-like backing), ensuring that you’ll be able to find the best adult diapers for your needs right here on https://www.healthdexter.com/browse/adult-diapers
15.What to Consider When Choosing Diapers for Adults?
It’s best to know what features to consider while selecting the right adult diapers to buy. Make sure to check the following factors:
- Sturdy, fastenable tapes- An adult diaper needs to have refastenable tapes that you can adjust to get a snug fit on the waist. Plus, the tapes need to be sturdy and not easily ripped apart.They should ideally be refastenable upto 3-4 times
- Leg guard- These are the extra strips of fabric attached to the diaper’s leg holes, which add more leakage protection to the brief when worn.
- Soft material- Adult diapers need to be breathable amid moisture to prevent any skin irritation. Choose adult diapers that have a cloth-like materialor even plastic.
- Leakage protection- Different diapers offer different levels of absorbency, from light to heavy. Make sure to choose one that fits your needs right to getdesired results.
- Odor control- Highly absorbent briefs and pads tend to keep in urine better, preventing odor from building up inside. Choose an adult diaper with excellent absorbency levels.
16.Where to Get Wholesale Diapers with Tapes?
You can buy adult diapers in wholesale at https://www.healthdexter.com/browse/adult-diapers
or also call +91-9930008292 and place your order.